Friday, April 5, 2013

My Own Domain

It's been a while since I've posted.  The one thing I'm learning over and over again is that if you don't have anything to say, don't try saying anything.

The question at this point is where do I stand in life.

For starters, I'll soon own name online.  I've successfully acquired thomasholbrook.net, thomasholbrook.org, and thomasholbrook.info thus far.  The .com domain name is all that's left.

Speaking of domains, some improvements on the home front have occurred.

Bug Spraying

The building I live in was sprayed for bugs on Tuesday morning.  I couldn't go back until late afternoon.  I spent many hours moving things away from the walls.  Fortunately for me, that means an opportunity has arisen for some rearranging.

When my days off are here yet again, I shall start working on ways to make my room more nerdy.  Power Rangers, a painting, and other things shall be plastered onto the walls of my bedroom.

More Exercise

I successfully walked to work last night.  I managed to make it through work, walk home, and exercise with a 20 lbs dumb bell.  I'm now up to 12 reps.

When it comes to pushups off the wall, sometimes I can do a full 40, while at other times, I have to split them into two sets of 20.  This time, I was only able to 20 on one set, 16 on another, and five on the final set.

In addition to increased strength, I also have a surprise that will enable me to be more productive when I'm on my lunch break.  My mobile carrier now allows me to tether my phone to my computer at no additional charge.

The 2.5 GB of high speed data should last until the end of the billing period.

Where Do I Stand?

In blunt terms, not good enough.  As in I'm not good enough, nor will I be, nor should I be.

I received a reminder last night that I should never get cocky or complacent.  I have a long ways to go, and the only way that this journey of mine will come to an end is when I'm dead.

I've slacked off on a few things for far too long.  Beginning tonight, I shall keep reading the book I've been working on.  In addition to that, I shall read more of the KJV Bible.

I have a lot of catching up to do if I'm expecting to look at other spiritual texts.

Finally, I shall work on making myself a better person and molding myself instead of trying to mold others.  It seems many of us are guilty of the latter, yours truly included.

That is all for now.

No comments: